The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > Art, Music and History - Cowboy Poetry and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Best Line Ever Delivered In A Western

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Line Ever Delivered In A Western
    Posted: 06 April 2005 at 04:35

John Wayne, "True Grit" ----- "Fill your hands you son of a bitch!"

Sam Elliott, "The Desperate Trail" ----- "You shoulda stayed back East thief. You coulda been playin cards in a nice warm bar, instead a dyin', out here in this stinkhole!"

William Holden, "The Wild Bunch" ----- "Come on ya lazy bastard!"

Ernest Borgnine, "The Wild Bunch" ----- "I'm comin damn it!"

Ernest Borgnine, "The Wild Bunch" ----- "Give em' hell Pike!"

Paul Neuman, "Butch Cassidy" ----- "I don't know where we been, and I just been there!"

billt 

deaddog View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
*AKA The Flying Gun*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 05:48

Cleavon Little, "Blazing Saddles"----"Scuse me while I whip this out"

DD

Endeavor to persevere.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 07:11
"HANG HIM!" 
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Triggerguard View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

aka The San Antonio Terminator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triggerguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 07:47

Gene Wilder in "Blazing Saddles": "My name's Jim, but they usually just call me...Jim."

John Wayne in "Big Jake": Grandson: "I'm scared." Wayne: "I'm scared too. But don't let them know it."

Also: "They'll kill little Jake for sure." Wayne: "Not if we kill them first."

"...A moral compass needs a butt end.Whatever direction France is pointing-towards collaboration with Nazis, accomodation with communists,...we can go the other way with a quiet conscience"-O'Rourke
Mickey Rat View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 07:50

I liked the Duke in the Shootist when he explained his philosophy of life to Ron Howard.

Also Duke's: "If you can't learn to respect your elders, you'll sure as hell respect your betters" in McClintock as he pulls his mouthy son down off a horse.

Mickey   Rat       
Citizen of Alabama        NRA Life Member
Mickey Rat View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 07:53

Tom Seleck, Quigly Down Under.

This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Dock Holiday.

Seconds later: I said I didn't care much for pistols, I never said I didn't know how to use them.

Mickey   Rat       
Citizen of Alabama        NRA Life Member
billt View Drop Down
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 08:15

John Wayne in, "Big Jake" ----- "I Never knew a secret that could be kept. They know whats in that box, and they all want it. What we're doin' with this austencious display, is telling them they can't have it!"

Maureen O' Hare in "Big Jake" ----- "You haven't changed one bit, have you Jacob McCandles?"

John Wayne ----- "Not one bit!!"

Richard Boone in "Big Jake" ----- "You come real close mister, but no cigar!"

John Wayne in "Big Jake" ----- "Hey!, I'll bet you can get that fancy gun out of that fancy holster, before some fella with an old fashion six gun, BLEW A HOLE IN YA!!"

Old Man in "The Wild Bunch" ----- Oh my what a bunch! They waltzed you in with a smile on your face, and a thumb up your ass, and waltzed ya right back out again!"

billt View Drop Down
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 08:18
Tom Sellek in, "Quigley Down Under" ----- See Captain, we already run all the undesireables out of our country. We sent em' all back to England!"
billt View Drop Down
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 08:22
Old Man in, "The Wild Bunch" at the end to Robert Ryan, ----- "Why don't ya' tag along with us. Me and the boys here got some work to do. It ain't like it used to be, but it'll do!"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 08:37

I always liked the line from Treasure of Sierra Madre when the banditos finds Humphrey Bogart the second time and he is alone having killed his partner (Tim Holt): 

"Don't I know you Gringo?"

BEAR

The_Mountaineer View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** West BY-GOD Virginian! **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Mountaineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 08:38

Hmmm, lots of good ones.  Seeing as how the classics have been taken I'll include some of the contemporary classics.

Doc Holliday in Tombstone - "I'm your huckleberry."

Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven - "Alright I'm comin' out.  Anybody I catch on the street I'm gonna kill.  Not only am I gonna kill them but their family and their dog, then I'm gonna burn their damn house down. And you best not be cuttin up any more whores now either or else I'll come back and kill the whole lot of you sons of bitches."

Billy the Kid in Young Guns -

"Best $1.20 I ever spent" after shooting the deputy with a double barrel 12 loaded with 6 dimes each.

"By the way, you're under arrest." After shooting the guy in the outhouse and sticking a warrant in his mouth.

"I see ya got Bill Taylor out there with ya Lieutenant!"  "Yeah Billy we got a whole lot of folks out here to take you down." Billy shoots Bill Taylor and says, "You don't have Bill Taylor with you anymore."

Of course I'm going from faulty memory so names, places and exact lines are not based on actual movie lines.  Any association with actual names, places and lines of movies is sheer coincidence. LOL.

Paritur pax bello - Peace is obtained by war.
mr mom View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 10:46
blazing saddle: send in the niger , dont waste a horse !!!!! or something like that .. think ill have to get the movie while the kids are home for spring break ....
mr mom
gary murray View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 13:18

Doc Holliday challenging the big dummy in the bar in Tombstone.

"Hmmmmmm lets see now! How about a spelling contest"?

Gary

If you can sue McDonalds for getting you fat then why can't you sue the alcohol companies for all the ugly people you ended up sleeping with?
Penticton, B.C. Canada
waksupi View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Keeper of the Old Traditions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waksupi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 13:34

Jack Ellam in Hawmps

" Maybe I'll shoot you with the Bisley my momma gave me for my birthday."

Some you never heard.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"I reckon I'll have me a half-caff double latte with a twist.  IN A
DIRTY MUG!"

"Gentlemen, rather than get caught up in mindless reaction, let's draw upon

our feminine selves for a more intuitive solution."

"Can we postpone this duel till 12:05? I gotta use the little boys room."

"Injuns! Quick, pull the wagons into an irregular dodecagon!"

"Y'know, Badlands Pete... a roaring campfire, good coffee, nice prairie
breeze, just you 'n' me... what say we put on the rhinestone gowns and
dance a jig or two?"

"Let's see... hardtack and pemmican... that's three grams of fat, seven
grams of protein, and two starches."

"You 'n' Slim round up them strays, and I'll tell Cookie to get started on
the gazpacho and the fondue."

"That's him! That's the yella-bellied varmint who shot my therapist!"

"He was a strong man, a good marshal, and I reckon he had a keen eye for
interior decoration."

"Hey, Buck, do these chaps make my butt look big?"

"It's like I keep tellin' ya, Earl: men is from Tombstone, women is from
Dodge."

"HANG HIM HIGH, BOYS!! ...Okay, now a little to the left....Oooh! Stop
right there. Perfect!"

Shooters Cast Bullet Alumnus
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php?
Triggerguard View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

aka The San Antonio Terminator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triggerguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 16:50
"Rustler's Rhapsody" with Tom Berenger as "Rex O'Hurlihan".
" I can curse if I want to! Dodo, peepee, caca!"

To Patrick Wayne: "That wasn't nice. That wasn't nice at all!"
Patrick Wayne: "I'm a lawyer, you idiot!"

Sidekick (G.W. Bailey) to Rex, after Rex shoots Patrick Wayne: "Rex, you shot him in the head... how do you feel about that?"
"...A moral compass needs a butt end.Whatever direction France is pointing-towards collaboration with Nazis, accomodation with communists,...we can go the other way with a quiet conscience"-O'Rourke
billt View Drop Down
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 05:30

Sidekick to Eric Roberts in "Purgatory" ----- "I feel like I been ate by a Coyote and crapped off a cliff!"

Eric Roberts to Sam Shepard in "Purgatory" ----- "The odds are against ya' sheriff!".

Randy Quaid to Eric Roberts seconds later after he blows the bad guy off the roof with a shotgun. ----- "The odds are getting better!"

jayrando View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayrando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 08:22
Dyin' ain't much of a livin -Josey Wales

Let's do it.... Why not - The Wild Bunch

Looks like we're one hose shy.
You brough 2 to many - Once Upon A Time in The West

When you shoot aim for the heart Ramon ( Guess the movie here

Bonus ? for the real western movie lover--Name of the characcter who
carries a machine gun around in a coffin---

More later

You guys guess the actor(s) in the above scene. The first one is Clint the
rest?

billt View Drop Down
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 08:45

"Let's do it"------ William Holden, "The Wild Bunch"

"Why not"------- Warren Oates to William Holden, "The Wild Bunch", moments before they started the big shootout and slaughtered all the Mexicans.

"When you shoot aim for the heart Ramon"----- "Fistful Of Dollars" 

billt View Drop Down
Left BSB in Disgrace
Left BSB in Disgrace
Racist Fucktard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 08:47
"The Wild Bunch"------ "This is our last go around Dutch. This time we'll do it right!" 
jayrando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayrando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 21:07
Very good built who said aim for the heart? and the bonus ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic