The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > Recipes, Cooking, Game Processing and Food in General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

You & me Tas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You & me Tas
    Posted: 22 November 2004 at 00:47
  Guess no body cooks/ eats wha tthey shoot or are they ashamed of results?? I took stink glands(tenders ) from 2 deer I shot Sat and made Stroganoff sat pm- man it was great- a bit of onions, mushrooms, white wine, butter, espagnole sc, seasonings ,amd sour cream-over rice and i had to go out hunting again Sun- Taking some time off today but Wife is out there looking for mr BIG- he made it through weekend so she might just get him today or manana.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 08:20
i don't know what the heck a person could call it, but i floured and pan-fried chunks of elk the other night, put them in the bottom of a baking dish, and covered them with rice, cream of mushroom soup and a package of lipton onion soup as well as just enough water to reconstitute the rice. cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes, pretty good stuff!

as always, this "recipe" assumes that the person preparing it will season to their own taste.
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Widux View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 00:11
Well i usually try and give hem some ideas as to seasoning- don't want cajun in Venison Marengo nor Ginger in Estouffe- me I'm old fashioned and seldom use any mixes/ canned soup etc but see nada wrong with them in a pinch ie Hotel Room cooking on hunting trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic