The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

OK then, Granddaughter VS gophers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK then, Granddaughter VS gophers
    Posted: 30 June 2022 at 15:15
Well, it's like this.
IF SHE EVER GETS PI$$T OF AT YOU LOOK OUT.
We went out to a place I promised Wingmaster I would save. Well I kinda did I took just my 45colt and Josie had the 10/22 not here Grendel.
So it could have been worse  Wing', we only shot Under 75 yards as to not kill them all...
I get very impressed every time we go out, she get better and better. We where on foot using shooting sticks she went 21 gophers with 40 shots, Dead accounted for gophers.
NOT bad for here first time this year for gophers.
I even got one at 43 yards, but it took a few( 3 ) tries.
First shot first gopher, DRT, and so it went.
What we were hunting.
At the gate.
What else we saw.
And this , the biggest Prickly pear plant I ever saw .

AND 
As we are looking for gophers on the edge of the land I see a coyote walking down the fence almost in our laps. It spooked at like 150 yards so no shot.
Then 10 minutes we hear a den of pups lighting off.
I have never heard that out in the wild before, sounded like 20 of them, probably only 2 or 3.
She must have had a den close to the gopher town.
Next time we go we will have the 17 hmr and the 10/22, We could use our Varmint guns but $.50 a shot  is a little rich for gophers.
Anyway best not get in front of her if she wants you she WILL take you out.

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 15:57
Not bad? Not bad? 21 out of 40 shots! That's awesome shootin'. She's definately a good shot. I'm not sure any of us at MYGAWDS had a record like that. 

Thanks for leaving a few breeding pairs. 

I can tell by her smile that she had as much fun as you did.
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 10:12
Great day...lots of game, and delight at GD's shooting.

enjoy it now D.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 12:47
Good thing she happened along or you may just be overrun with them varmints!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic