The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

OK? deer.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK? deer.
    Posted: 21 June 2022 at 09:53
Antlers really don't taste great.
Got all the horns I want, and a big buck doesn't taste nearly as good as a 2 year old doe.

No left over tags to draw for, or walk in on.

No Maine moose his year.

still got a 'chance' on Pennsylvania Elk.  Small herd and long draw chance.  But the herd does have a world record bull in it!!!
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 17:52
Oh, I'm not much interested in shooting a doe deer or doe antelope.  But I would have taken a tag for a cow elk.
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 17:49
 I can shoot a buck whitetail or in some areas a buck mule deer, as well as an antlered bull elk off my general license.
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 17:41
Lizard. 

That didn't turn out very good. Can you get leftover or general tags?
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 17:33
My drawing results:

Not Successful

2022 deer permit

– 210-50 was your 1st choice

2022 elk permit

– 217-10 was your 1st choice

2022 moose license

– 327-50 was your 1st choice

2022 sheep license

– 203-20 was your 1st choice

2022 elk b license

– 282-00 was your 1st choice

All that's left is antelope to hope for.   CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

49 years of applying and still no sheep permit

Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 17:14
I got an antelope tag but was unsuccessful at getting an elk tag. 

I'll get a general deer tag and hopefully I won't have to buy much cow meat. Cow meat is ok but I prefer game meat every time. 
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 13:20
We don't find out on antelope till later. We are all put in for buck and doe antelope.
Can't even put in for Swan or crane yet.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:52
Ok.

this year put in very early for non-resident antelope tag. didn't get.
even doe/fawn bonus tags are sold out in the draw.  no left over tags either.

might be eating just whitetail burgers!
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 09:42
Last year I harvested 4 deer all mule deer.
This year I bought an A and B tag, registered for two surplus doe tags, an put in for deer damage tag.
Last year The L-G-D, and I got damage tags and we could and did shoot two each.
SOOO. 
I could end up with 6 deer, and the GD could have 4.
The Granddaughter and I donated 7 deer to other hunters or family's that wanted them.
I don't feel I'm a glutton, maybe for punishment, they are all deer that need to be harvested and they go to people that want deer but can't get out and get there own.
The surplus and damage tags are on a draw but we have never NOT gotten them when we put in.
I don't care to hunt elk so I did not put in for surplus elk tags but could.
Big smile
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic