The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Gone Fishin'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Fishing out behind the station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fishing out behind the station
    Posted: 22 January 2022 at 10:15
SHHHHH!
Don't tell anyone.
The boy is in FL. doing a big burn in the keys.
He had a few minutes off and slipped out behind the station and tried some fishing.
No Idea what the heck he cough but he said there easy and fight good.
First cast he hooked up with a Tarpon with his light Zebco set up. The fight did not take long, zip gone.

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2022 at 13:16
Yep   those look like everglades Tarpon!

good to eat but not much meat on them.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2022 at 19:10
I think it's cool that your son does so much in the outdoors. It's like he's always thinking about his next adventure. 

Nice fish. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 15:23
More fishing but with the neighbors.

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 16:25
If he gets some time  Loop road, off Tamiami Trail road is nice wilflife drive.  some semi-wet hiking trails, including Gatoe Hook Trail off Loop road.

Lots a Chev 454 big block prop driven swamp boats, sort of brings up family memories.

nice area

Stan's fish house in Goodland is known for grouper tacos...also Crabby lady in goodland for fresh seafood, I use to keep a flats boat there.https://www.crabbylady.com/menu

$ miles south of rte 41 is everglades city, sort of entrance to Everglades and 10 thousand island area, nice look-out tower.  Great upscale dining at the Everglades rod and Gun club.     https://rodandguneverglades.com/our-history-1

Some wild boar hunting on the eastern end of 41

Edited by BEAR - 23 January 2022 at 16:39
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 17:19
Bear I'm not sure where he is but I'll forward your information.
He is supposed to be working.
He will be there in to February.
He has to be back in time to get to Arizona by the 11th I think to do a Javelin hunt with his wife.
Rough life???ConfusedLOL
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 17:24
I'm thinking he got a little closer to that gator than I would have. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 17:27
YUP, I'm hoping that pole was longer then it looks when he touched it, but I fear not...Confused

Edited by d4570 - 23 January 2022 at 17:27
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2022 at 05:07
Maybe he needs to use snake for gator bait?
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic