The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

CZ range Report.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ range Report.
    Posted: 04 May 2021 at 13:54
Well, I found a 455 FS NIB on the net at a unkonow remote Gun Shop. My first internet purchase via FFL. All worked out OK. 5 weeks!

Then mounting a BIG scope on the FS (FULL STOCK aka manlicher style) without removing the rear sight was a chore.

So,took my new CZ 455 FS to the range today. 22 mag.

First 5 shots at 50 yards (outdoor) one ragged hole. I then finished my 10 shot group and opened it up to a measure .621. I'm sure it will do much better; I was the problem. Ammo was 30 gr Hornday 30 vee.

I know the 22 mag cartridge is a dud, and all the FullStock rifles don't shoot because of poor bedding and stock contact.

couldn't be happier.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 18:21
22 mag is out standing if you can get ammo.

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 09:37
Hopefully this hoax thing is going to break soon?
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 19:29
Is the wood as nice as your .22LR? If so I bet it's a beautiful rifle. 

Don't tell anyone that has a FS rifle that they aren't accurate. They might not be able to keep shooting those little bitty groups. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 07:25
Wood is straight grained but nice walnut.

I don't remember if you saw CB custon CZ full stock  lefthand rifle.  Awsome.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 18:54
Yes I did see it. It is defiantly a beautiful rifle. And if I remember right it was very accurate. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 06:30
Yea, it was total custom.  Cb just used the receiver and bolt, everything else was way up grade.  bottom metal, trigger, stock.  He started the project because the wanted a manlicher style stock, but CZ didn't make it in a left hand model....then the project just started to grow.  I think Tom S. from MYGADS did the checkering and finishing.  beautiful.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 19:38
I'm not sure if it's the same one, but Rob1 carved out a stock for him that I think Tom S. checkered too. That was a beautiful gun. 

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:45
I think that was his 6.5 swed.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 20:01
You're right Bear. It was his Swede. 

CB had some really nice guns.

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:29
yep.

Miss his posts and humor (dry).

Took him turkey hunting this morning with his 6.5 Swed.
Did call one bird in between us two.  But bird stopped about 40 yards out and stood there for 15 minutes screaming his head off...but wouldn't move a step closer.  A long shot for my sure kill arrow  (20 is perfecct).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic