The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Camping, Hiking and Backpacking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Toilet Seat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toilet Seat?
    Posted: 21 May 2020 at 22:49
What the heck is going on here?...about a month ago I knew that I was going on the river Memorial Day weekend.  You need a "Groover" for that (used to be an ammo can that left a groove in ur...you know) and it is required by the BLM. 

So, I look at em at Sportsman's Guide, they have em.  I am looking for a toilet seat that sits on a bucket.  I finally get off my butt and start doing the order...they are now sold out, about 2 days later. 

If you get them w/a bucket, it is an extra $5.  They are an ordinary 5 gallon bucket, the seat goes on top of that and there is a HD plastic bag w/some sort of chemical in there.  You do your biz, and then afterwards roll up the bag...minimal smell. 

I am to cheap to pay 5 bucks for a bucket...I already have several and I find em laying on the side of the road.

So, I swing by Sportsman's Warehouse...they have the whole set-up, but not just the seat.  If you order it online, you can pick it up at the store w/o a charge.  I order it.  The next day I get an email, it is here...about 10 days earlier than they said.  As I am walking up to the store, a lady is walking out w/something under her arm...the whole set-up (about 20 bucks).  I get inside...only a partial order is in.  They also do not have anything on the shelf...she took the last one. 

The order was supposed to be here on the 21st...today, the 20th, I get an email saying that the thing has a new delivery date...next week sometime.

So, it looks like I'm using the bucket, and the bags, w/no lid...a Groover.

So, my question, finally, what gives?  Why the big rush on portable toilets?
John 14:6
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 02:21
Simple! They all got tired of hoarding the paper, now they need to hoard the toilets too! Personally I find hoarders are usually full of sh**!

...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 03:47
REI has Luggable Loo

Sounds like a stupid reg.  Simple carry a shovel and bury.  So now you have to carry plastic bags of Bio-waste with you.  Bet most get thrown in the first litter barrel; more bio-waste and plastic to deal with.

Does BLM know that bears do shit in the woods?
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 04:41
Yes they do.....but sadly nobody knows just where. They just tell us they do. From personal experience, it's usually on my foot when I'm not looking for it.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 07:04
YUP the "WAG BAG"
BLM requires even canoeist to have one.
 NOT aloud to bury "it " anymore.
Just think how fun it would be in a canoe with all your camping stuff, food and 3 days worth of $hit!!!!!Confused
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:35
is that only  for overnight canoe trips?

Do you need the shit can if you are only going 10 miles in5 hours fishing??????????????????
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:37
does that only apply to water BLM lands?  or is it everywhere?  like 10 miles from a stream?

I have a substantial investment in my micro-trenching shovel.  bought it at Wall Drug!!!!!!!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:51
Anywhere anytime no mater what. Even if you stop in your truck driving through,you need one.
 ON the Missouri River National monument in MT anyway.
On most body of water you are not allowed to piss in the water either.
If you have to go you need to be off your boat and either below the hi water mark or on Public land and have any needed permits to be there. BUT then your back to a WAG bag...
 I have a few in the boat, unopened but I have them.Dead

Edited by d4570 - 22 May 2020 at 12:55
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 13:06
never knew that about a $hit reg on BLM land. None here that I know of, BLM land I mean. I think Smokey the Bear works for the USDA dept of Ag....wonder if he gets a "pass"?

?
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 13:30
I haven't heard of that regulation either. I guess if I'm out taking a dump somewhere and see a ranger coming I'll first "pull up" then act like I'm hunting rocks. 

I wonder what the purpose of these rules are?

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 13:47
sounds like made in DC and NYC.
stinky View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 15:16
Luggable Loo was what I was looking at.

AFAIK...you only need them if you are going overnite.

I dont remember where it was, but, last year, somebody was lighting their TP on fire and started a brush fire. They must not waited till they had their pants up, or were bare.footed. You can stamp out a fire that small. Could you imagine that?
stinky View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 15:26
The reason for the Reg is that, on the river, campsites are pretty scarce and the stretch that I am gonna run only has about 10, in 32 miles.

Over a summer, that is a lot of people crapping in one spot.

Then, there would be someone who forgot their shovel...

Edited by stinky - 22 May 2020 at 15:28
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic