The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

MYGAWDS prep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MYGAWDS prep
    Posted: 04 April 2020 at 15:07
well we moved the date (june 25-29th, or there abouts??) 

and we change the preferred prey  (PDs)..

I'm reloading now.

But I thought a prep thread might be helpful.

What weapon are you going to use for MT PDs??

Edited by BEAR - 04 April 2020 at 17:47
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 18:08
HUMM lets see.
My PREFERRED rifle would be a rem 700bdl in 8mmRM.
But at $1.30 a shot I think I'll bring my TC predator in 22/250.
 My daughters savage 243, I have about 500 loaded shells for it and we just don't use it much anymore. I may bring my 6mm rem too we will see...
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 21:09
If I am able to make it, I will be bringing a Sako Forrester in .243. I'm not sure yet what my backup will be. Probably either a Remington 700 in 22-250 or the Swede. 

It will probably depend on what I have the most ammo loaded for.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 21:45
June,  25,26,27,That's Thursday,Friday, Saturday.
June 24 Wednesday and June 28 Sunday could be fly/drive in days, I have them off too.
We all drive big trucks bring anything you might need. Let me know if I can provide anything the airlines or Chauffeur's won't let you bring.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 23:05
Best thought for now....
main rifle .204R......223R bolt gun & maybe AR too. 
.22LR's for gophers b4 during or after the pd businessSmile

Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
garou_22 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garou_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 23:40
Guess I'll load up some .223, 6Rem, & the 7Pr. End of June it is. The gin show has been canceled, not postponed, canceled.

Have a line on a 12x24 canvas wall tent with frame, used, good condition.
Motorcycles, Firearms, and an ex-wife: What more does a guy need?
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 23:49
Right now it looks like .204R bolt, .204R AR, 22-250.  And 22RF for gophers and plinking.
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 07:38
Got 500 222Rem loaded this week.

You guns seem to be taking a lot of reach way out rifles???
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 08:23
garou_22 
My boy has access to one about the same size no floor.
If anyone wants to go that rought we will have a place to stay then.Big smile
MapleHill View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 07:54
Well thanks to the Trump Bucks a new ARE cap has been installed on my truck in anticipation of a trip to Montana. I have had some correspondence with Dale and hope to be there. The biggest variable right now is when we will be able to leave. If school is shutdown for the rest of the year and the graduation ceremony we will be there for the festivities. If they have a ceremony then we won't be able to leave here till the 28th, my youngest niece is a graduating. Either way I am 95% sure my family and I will be making a road trip to MT in June. I am fairly confident the virus scare will be subsided enough to travel without too much complications. 
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 08:13
Your state and the states in between are possible problems.
Montana is in stage one opining back up.
Can't wait to meet you and your family.Clap
MapleHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 18:05
Got out this afternoon to do a little "prep", son #2 snapped a few off the 222, 223 and 220. I think I have loads figured out for them, now the final phase before loading up a bunch. Fingers are crossed this "crisis" is on the way out, they are getting serious cabin fever!

Edited by MapleHill - 20 April 2020 at 18:06
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 18:06
Serious cabin fever is a big disease, worse that virus.....I got it.  Might never recover!  tough on old sick dudes.
MapleHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 18:07
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

Serious cabin fever is a big disease, worse that virus.....I got it.  Might never recover!  tough on old sick dudes.

Tough on ADHD 11yr olds too! And the parents that try to deal with him!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 18:13
hang in there dad, we understand.

Like to meet you at MYGAWDS.  If timing is bad, but you are still driving out to MT, let me know when.  You will be on I-90.  I could buy you and family lunch...someplace between Westfield and Erie.

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 18:29
Originally posted by MapleHill MapleHill wrote:

things don't look so 'tuff' for that 11yr old. sunny day with a Rifle at the Range....what's so tuff with that?Wink

Looks like maybe dad needs to find him a LH bolt gun?  Ruger American's are there & Savage Axis II are too LH models.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 23:12
Their's nothing like getting kids out shooting. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 23:30
We don't even want to discuss the long term effects.....I already started one thread on boogers, just imagine what long term confinement will do!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
MapleHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2020 at 07:51
Originally posted by Irish Bird Dog Irish Bird Dog wrote:

Originally posted by MapleHill MapleHill wrote:

things don't look so 'tuff' for that 11yr old. sunny day with a Rifle at the Range....what's so tuff with that?Wink

Looks like maybe dad needs to find him a LH bolt gun?  Ruger American's are there & Savage Axis II are too LH models.

IBD, I have thought about getting him a lefty. He hasn't said anything about it yet. I have so many rifles that he and his brother are gonna end up with I don't want to spoil him with a correct handed gun...LOL. We are lucky where we live, lots of land to get out and shoot, ride wheelers and walk around in the woods. We spent the first 3 weeks of the crisis trapping, which they loved! Now I think I have loads I like for the "pip squeak" rifles, I'll load a few up and let them "wring em out" before we head west. I just hope things have let up enough for us to travel, they are REALLY looking forward to it and so am I!
garou_22 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garou_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 08:24
I've got one or 10 lefty rifles from .22 to .338WM here that your youngins are welcome to try on before you go spoiling.
Motorcycles, Firearms, and an ex-wife: What more does a guy need?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic