The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Handguns, Pistols and SixGuns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Blued and stainless mix in a 1911

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blued and stainless mix in a 1911
    Posted: 27 November 2019 at 12:43
Welcome back Mule.

I'm a walnut grips and blue type guy my self.
Muleskinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Crotchety ol’ Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 08:56
No stainless bbl or slides for me.
Mule
stinky View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2019 at 17:02
I shoot PPC....I'd expect.it to shoot tighter than 2", w.the correct ammo, at 50 yds.

This slide has a KKM bbl and an Aristicrat sight rib on it ($200).

John 14:6
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2019 at 12:49
STinky what's the definition of a "match" gun? Anyway a mixed color is ok if as others said it all works well together and shoots as well as you can accept or require for your use. Nearly any mix of slide and frame in a 1911 will "fit" together and function, meaning go bang when trigger is pulled. How well ALL the parts fit is what defines how "accurate" the gun will shoot & if it will be reliable. Trigger, hammer, bbl, bushing, link, pins, various springs, sights, grips, etc are all important too for both reliable function and accuracy. Magazines play an important roll too in a 1911. If your costs will run near the $1k range for a pieced together gun than you might just look for a complete gun either new or used.Smile
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
North Logan View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Legendary Lawman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2019 at 13:28
Personally, I've never had an issue using a blued slide on a stainless receiver or visa versa. But I'd be a +1 on making sure the slide & frame fit together nicely before you go down that road. 

------------------
NL.
"COLTS & PONY CARS"...
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2019 at 18:52
Pretty is as pretty does. All about fitment and how well the two mate up. Before you buy either, take them to the dealer you wish to purchase the fame off of and do a quick fitment check. Nothing wrong with the RIA frame. Til you get done messing around with getting it to where you want it to shoot well, slap on grips, sights, etc. Probably have just as much in it as a custom box rig. Remember that a custom slide is fitted to the frame it's intended for. If it's too tight or sloppy, your gonna have to either scrap the idea or get it machined to fit. Just like piecing together an AR. Just because you buy quality parts doesn't necessarily guarantee you no jams or MOA.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2019 at 18:10
It is first and formost...how does it shoot?

Looks are secondary to me. 

if it shoots, one could   CeroKote the whole thing the same color...even purple!

Edited by BEAR - 27 November 2019 at 12:42
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2019 at 02:52
I don't know if you would have a problem, but I do kinda like the looks of the ones I have seen. 
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
stinky View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2019 at 15:32
I am trying to get a match 1911 on the cheap.

A fellow shooter has a 1911 upper for $350. It has a good bbl, slide, rib for $350...all quality parts, for about half price.

I want to find a lower. One of the options is a Rock Island 9mm (not generally considered a quality gun). I can get the gun, but it is blued.

The other is a Fusion lower. I have an email in to their customer service department...actually both of em.

But, they are both blued...So, the big Q is this: is there a problem using a blued lower w/a stainless slide?
John 14:6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic