The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Now, all I have to do is my part

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 788Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now, all I have to do is my part
    Posted: 27 September 2018 at 13:13
It's usually easier to blame the rifle rather than the rifleman.  I guess I don't have that luxury this year.
This was shot out of my T/C Contender Carbine in 7mmTCU with a stock 21" barrel at 100 yards.  The load is 25.5 grs. of IMR-4985 under a Hornady 139 gr. SPBT.  This point of impact is 2" high at 100 yds which is where I sight in my hunting guns.  I'll have to run a point blank range test on it at some point.  This is when I wish I owned a chronograph.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking 1942-2018
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 13:37
Now that looks sweet!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
MtElkHunter View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MtElkHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 13:46
Very nice!
SW Montana
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 21:41
Very good 788. It looks like you're ready. 

When do you get to go hunting?

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 18:38
looks geat to me.

hunting speed goats with 30 Herrett next week.
788Fan View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 788Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 07:59
Wing, My season starts November 1.  I have the benefit of access to a defunct tree farm and the surrounding woods owned by my brother so I get to hunt two weeks before the general private lands and state seasons open up.  you?  788
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking 1942-2018
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 23:04

I just got home from hunting Antelope. It opened October 1st. 

I'll post the story and pictures in the big game section. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2018 at 23:36
very nice target there 788
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic