The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Transportation in the Outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Zip line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zip line
    Posted: 03 March 2018 at 12:14
Zip lining in Cranberry today....... Got me thinking, anybody think of putting one from a tree stand? It’s all down hill from the top of my property and would sure make it more interesting heading out from a good day of hunting. Good quarter mile of steep grade I could rule out for slipping sliding and ankle breaking.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 14:01
In 2012 alone, there were over 3,600 injuries from Zip-line use, which was about 10 a day; mostly broken bones and skull injuries.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 18:27
Alright Debbie Downer! I was actually thinking a nice professional job of a zip line, not a redneck hold my beer and watch this kinda setup!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 18:37
Which Cranberry?  Bulter county?

I was at Home Depot next door to it today.  ships in the night!

Edited by BEAR - 03 March 2018 at 18:40
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 20:05
Yuppers, just off of 79. Took my girls to Urban Air. They love it and the setup is for children over 4 foot and adults. hands are raw from the ninja warrior ball pit ropes. Place has about a dozen 30 foot climbing walls, obstacle courses that marines fear and about a hundred trampolines. On a light note, the Pitt university cheerleader squad was also practicing there today. Got my marbles squashed in the zipline harness and my girls suddenly became afraid of heights on the rope walk.......which made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Every time I walked past the warrior walk I got conned into helping with retrieving adults from the foam zone that surrounds it. It's 6x6 squares of memory type foam about 5 foot deep and eats you if you don't fight hard enough to get out. Fun time for sure, but it makes me feel my age and not what my mind keeps telling me I am. Girls had a blast and were passed out in the back seat for the drive home. They only woke long enough for French fries and the steeling of my shamrock shake. Next time we go I'll drop you a line and you can do the zip line with us.   
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 21:01
I never had the desire to parachute, for fun nor zip line. With my size, I'd have to use cargo chute and pretty stout cable.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 21:19
Some times you gotta do what ya gotta do my friend, and if it takes a bit more riggin, so be it. I figure life is a bit short and enjoying it at the extreme end is refreshing. Used to be ski's and snowboards in the winter and beating the trails on the motorcycles all summer til the knees begin to threaten mutiny. Then it was fast cars and faster bikes,,,,still like the Ducati's. Parachutes are fun and the zipline.....well it's a zipline. Still want to do the squirrel suit from a HALO jump, kinda like scuba diving from thin air and gliding like a squirrel. The twelve mile freefall would be a lot nicer thrill then the 30 seconds you get from 12k'......as long as I don't get too relaxed and fall asleep. I'm not too far out there though as I managed to get away from the redheads now.....way too dangerous!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 22:07
Might try "Going Ape" a few miles from where you were.

Son  is an instructor, so dad had to do sky dives...bonding.  He has over 1800 jumps, from biplanes, hot air baloons, dozens of planes.  For a while he was wing walking on a bi-plane wing....., not for this old fart.  Jumping is fun..sort of like Google Earth in real time.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 22:46
Can you send me the info Bear, I'ld like to check it out. Now if we can just get Robert into a harness.....Think of it as getting you heart checked out thoroughly the first few times, after that it's just remembering not to become part of the topography.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 07:03
https://goape.com/Locations/Pennsylvania/Pittsburgh

Tree top adventures...take some snacks...bananas!
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 10:24

This is on our family vacation bucket list in 2 weeks SmileSmileSmile

https://www.zipline.com/kauai?gclid=CjwKCAiAz-7UBRBAEiwAVrz-9TU1blubJzJ37pTa915yHLDs1XnTxfCfe0a577F_kUNsKmXImICCWBoCrysQAvD_BwE
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 11:39
Going Ape looks like fun though they are 10 and 8 so we may have to wait a bit for the youngest to enjoy it.

Told them the zipline in Hawaii goes over a volcano and of course they perked up then. Is it full of lava? Can we fall in? Has anyone ever fallen in?...etc. Had to explain that it was a dormant volcano that hasn't erupted in a few million years and I doubt it would ever again.......kids. Looks like an adventurous vacation Lizard. Get pics!
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 12:37

Four years ago we did the Akaka Falls super Zipline on the Big Island.  What a rush.  You zing way over the top of a 250 foot waterfall which is one of the 7 segments and takes 2 1/2 hours to complete.  It's awesome.  I hope the one on Kauai is as good.  It's owned by the same company.
Skyline Eco Adventures.         Zipline.com
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic