The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > BSB Announcements, Suggestions, Site Assistance and Tech Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

CB900F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 08:42
good pic Greg, lots of great memories of a great guy.
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 12:42
Great picture. I suspect he's on "The big Hunt". 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 13:16
I would also like to think that he is now shooting from the correct side as well. As I look back, the only advice I got from Jim that I have not tried and probably never will, was his recipe's for timber-doodle. Always a font of knowledge from the bench though, range, loading, or tool.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
garou_22 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garou_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 13:21
Timber-doodle? That's a new one on me!

As for the correct side... In his mind he always shot that way, it was the rest of us righties that were dorked up!
Motorcycles, Firearms, and an ex-wife: What more does a guy need?
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 18:27
Timber-Doodle is nick name for the WOODCOCK!

AS to the ? of what side is what.......for you uninformed US Lefty's are in our RIGHT Minds.... Jim had it "right"! 

Edited by Irish Bird Dog - 31 August 2017 at 18:31
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 07:47
I just noticed this thread, since my grandson died last Oct. I have not been very good at following any forum.

To Jims family, I am so very sorry for your loss. Try to forget about the events of the past several months and think of all the great and happy moments you all had before his passing. Trust me, it does help.

To all those here who knew Jim personally, I offer the same advice, you too have suffered a great loss.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Huntin1 (Rob Opp)
"Never corner something meaner than you"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 20:47
I'm back in Montana now, did go to the Sept 2 gathering at ranch. A very sincere and touching testimonial was given to Jim by his wife Lorry, and daughter Renee. Some of his ashes were scattered in a beautiful area somewhat north of the house at the top of the rise. I truly valued the Elk, Moose, Antelope and gopher hunts with gentleman Jim.  I considered him a very close friend and will miss our trips to Helena and Missoula to hit all the gunshops. Our last trip to Helena was a classic.  We had lunch at the Silver Star I think it's called, and as we went out to the little white chevy, Jim noticed he had locked the keys in the car, my master locksmith friend had committed the ultimate outrage in the locksmithing business. After the required stomping and muttering about, we walked to a small gunshop on lower Last Chance Gulch where Jim bought a fairly long small caliber cleaning rod.  Back to the car, Jim had the thing unlocked in about 30 or so seconds. I tried very hard but unsuccessfully not to goad him about this. I will miss Jim, he was a true friend, very hard for me to find. God be with you Jim.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 00:47
Nice story, thanks Tom.  We will all miss him for quite some time.
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 08:34
Gonna miss our gearhead talks ,and he and my wife shoot lefty' always a good fun thing to talk about. My wife won't let me get her a left handed rifle, she love's her right handed A-bolt like a champ, he and I always scratched our heads, but hey .

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jim but he was a good friend all the same, lots of good input on my project's ,and talk of the old one's .

I will always have something he sent me, out in the garden we built for our ,Jeremy when he past away. When we built it, we asked for rocks for a stone bench and small wall we built from anyone that wanted . While Jim never met Jerr, he heard of his teenage antic's, his first hunt, and his first car. One day we got a package from Montana ,it was from Jim with a rock he got from somewhere called ,Memorial Falls . It's now part of the wall ,set in cement . Now when I go out there ,I have two to remember.

Run with Jesus my friend, I would say RIP ,but we all know that's not gonna happen. Happy Huntin'.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 17:30
A similar thing happened at MYGAWDS this year. 

We were leaving the resturant after eating breakfast we went out to my pickup and for some reason I went to the passenger side and the door was locked. I don't usually lock my doors so i'm also not used to taking my keys out. Of course my keys were in the ignition. 

Knowing Jim was a master locksmith and about to leave, I quickly went over to his pickup and asked for his assistance. 

After saying whaaaat? and rolling his eyes, he came right over to help. He walked up to the passenger side, tried the handle and sure enough it was still locked. He then looked in the window, walked around to the drivers side and opened the door. 

He then gave me the biggest smile I could imagine. I told him he was the "Master" and we got in our vehicles and left. 

I still, to this day, have no idea how only one door got locked, but was happy that our gopher hunt wasn't delayed by my carelessness. 

He never did give me a hard time for that one, but by all rights he probably should have. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 19:32
I remember that !!!!LOLLOLLOLLOL
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 21:09
He didn't have to say anything...he gave you "knowing that smile".
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 09:50
I don't know if he wants it to be kept "anonymous" or not, but someone donated a substantial amount to the forum yesterday in memory of Jim, and I wanted to thank him very much for that. Hug
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
garou_22 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garou_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 09:54
To "anonymous":
   Thank you very much! Dad would have done the same!

Edited by garou_22 - 20 September 2017 at 09:54
Motorcycles, Firearms, and an ex-wife: What more does a guy need?
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 23:29
Thanks to whoever made this donation. I really appreciate you keeping us together. 

Wing master
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 23:48
Yes, thank you Anonymous for our generosity with the donation to the forum.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 14:53
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALLSmile. Hope to see every one April 26 - 30 of 2018.  Tom S.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 17:14
I'll be there and I'm sure the spirit of Jim will be there too.

Merry Christmas Tom and all of Jims many friends.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 19:21
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all here.

I'll be there too Tom.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 20:00
Good to hear it IBD. 

Gary, Tom...I'll buy the first round, as long as it is Knob Creek.

Edited by BEAR - 17 December 2017 at 20:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic