The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SouthPaws > The Left-Handed Sportsman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

LH holsters...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LH holsters...
    Posted: 14 January 2012 at 16:08
  Concealed carry is the current trend now a days....but many of the name brands holsters are very spendy......Hunter has a pro line that appears to be well made and affordable but shy in the LH department, Don Hume's are pretty fair & fairly priced & lots of LH models for the popular guns but seems to be Waaaay backordered..on LH models.....out to 3-4 months on any out of stock, pretty many in the $100 & UP range like Bianchi. Allissa, Milt Sparks, Blawkhawk etc.

So, fellow southpaws.........just what holsters do you have in LH and what brands and how easy to find/buy them????

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 02:41

IBD;

My daily carry holster is a Milt Sparks exec's companion, which is now about 12 or 13 years old.  And I'm about to need a new one, bummer.  But, since I can wear it all day, every day, there's no sense in trying anything else.  I'll just have to bite the Sparks limited production bullet & order & wait.

My other LH holsters are an eclectic hodgepodge.  I have a custom cross-draw from a local leathersmith.  It's very well made, and was not all that expensive for what I got.  I've got an Idaho Leather Co., strong side for a Ruger Blackhawk that's still going strong after over 30 years.  I've even got somebody's nylon/plastic slip on the belt type, which a hardly every use as I'm embarrased to be seen with it.  But, I don't throw it out either.  And others.

My SIL recently got a left holster for his K-frame Smith from Blackhawk.  It's a leather holster that was packaged in a plastic bubble, and ran right at $50.00.  One of the larger retailers here in town had them on the shelf.  I imagine you could find them on line.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 07:28

What type of iron would you put in this leather/nylon?

Is it a daily carry?

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2012 at 15:53
I found a couple LH holsters recently....looking towards ccw types.  My current LH ones are more for non ccw carry....like hunting or hiking or my cowboy shooting game etc. Got a Mitch Rosen belt holster coming and a couple of Don Hume's.  When they get here I will find out if I made good choices or not.  I have a couple of the Don Hume brand for lots of years now and am happy with them....one is a duty belt/holster IE a River belt and Jordan holster.  Any of you have any idea who inspired that set?
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic