The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SouthPaws > The Left-Handed Sportsman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Ordered My Present

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordered My Present
    Posted: 01 December 2010 at 14:19

Fella's;

Since I was on-call a lot recently, and got paid for it, I decided that the kitty was full as a tick & decided to be nice to myself.  Today I ordered a CZ452 Lux .22lr in LHB.  The Lux has the Euro stock with a Schable forend, the truly excellent CZ adjustable open sights with front hood, and a walnut rather than beech stock.  I'm hoping for good wood.

This one won't get scoped.  The whole set up of the stock is for iron sights.  I've got the CZ American which is the #1 gopher gun and is made to be scoped.  So this one's just for chits & giggles as it were.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 02:10
Merry Christmas ---- you  SantaLOL
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 05:50
.....hey there SANTA CB.........I could use a LHB rifle too for Christmas.........PM me if you lost my address...........
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 14:09
IBD.  Doubt you will get even a RED Rider BB gun LOL
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 16:06

IBD;

Be nice to yourself, it feels good!  Bring whatever it turns out to be to this coming spring's MYGAWDS & show it off.

Speaking of which, Mr. Bear, have you given any thought to optics?  Enquiring minds wish to know.

900F

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 17:11
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

IBD.  Doubt you will get even a RED Rider BB gun LOL

I have an OLD one from back when..........

Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 02:19

Fella's;

The Lux arrived Wednesday & I picked it up yesterday.  A lefty employee at the shop liked the looks of mine so much he ordered his own.  When I picked mine up, he told me that the wholesaler told him that he'd gotten the last one they had.  So, IBD, if you want one, don't delay!

For those who don't know, CZ is ceasing production of the 452 model & are replacing it with the 455.  Therefore, the supply of 452's is drying up.  The 455 has a barrel mounting system a-la the Ruger 10/22 & is switch-barrel capable.  But the jury is definitly o-u-t as to whether they are as accurate as the screw-in barrel 452.  It's my understanding that the 455 no longer offers the outstanding iron sights such as my new Lux has.

I did not win the wood lottery with the new Lux.  It's perfectly good walnut, but it's evident that many pores are not properly filled.  I'm seeing a strip and refinish job in the near future.  I really do like the sights though.  The front has a full hood and the rear is a military ladder type that ranges out to 200 meters it says.  The Euro stock configuration gives me an excellent cheek weld & lays those sights right on my sight line down the barrel.  That hogback buttstock may look a little odd to the American eye, but it sure works to make it easy to use the sights.

900F

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 02:50
Is this MYGAWDS material?
Igbo Foo View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
.14 Flea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igbo Foo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 10:22

If ya bribes 'im with enuff whiskey, ya can git 'im to do most anything.  Which, I suppose, includes bringin' the thing to that there whateverthehellitis function y'all got goin'.

Foo

Wombat Snorgging: Australia's mystery perversion, Elvis's secret shame.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 01:26

Fellla's;

I'm now cleaning the considerable amount of brown goo, otherwise known as cosmoline, out of the barrel of the new Lux.  This is not a two-patch job.  Uh-uh, no way.  Tell you what, the Czech's made good & damn sure that barrel was protected when it made its journey across the Atlantic ocean.

I hadn't noticed this before, but during the cleaning, I was checking out the muzzle pretty good, and wow!  The front sight blade sits on a gradiated ramp & is secured with a set screw.  This might actually be a 200 meter gun with iron sights.  I can't wait to get to the range & do some serious ammo testing.  Perhaps since I didn't win the wood lottery with this gun, I'll win on the ammo side & it'll shoot Winchester PowerPoints like it's stablemate does.

900F

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic