The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SouthPaws > The Left-Handed Sportsman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Ruger Hawkeye short action!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NH_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ruger Hawkeye short action!
    Posted: 28 October 2009 at 05:54
I saw my first left handed Ruger Hawkeye short action today. It was a lovely little thing chambered in .308 and handled like a dream. I wish that rifle was available when I first started hunting before I got my .30-06! I don't know what the price was, since it had just been unpacked by Ruger, but if anyone is interested, I can give you the contact information of the gunshop that had it.
Leverguns make me smile
Proud Left Handed Shooter
OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 03:15
I just won an auction on gunbroker for a lightly used LH 308!  Woohoo
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 04:17
 Well OK  you gonna tell us what it is or do we gotta guess??? They have one in 22-250 at our gun shop here I looked at yesterday $624  slainless/syn.  Don't like the matte on everything why do they cut so many corners.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 06:03

Question:  is that a true short action or is it the same long action with a bolt stop???  Model 70s were made that way!

It would mean a short stroke, but the OAL of a long action????

OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 09:37

Okay.

The LH short action appears to be a genuine short action rifle.  The overall length of the short actions is somewhat shorter  than  those of the standard action and the barrel length is the same.  LOP is the same so I'm led to believe the action is shorter.

Mine is a .308, blued, walnut.  I'll post photos when I get it in.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic