The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Bowhunting and Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

My bow season so far

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My bow season so far
    Posted: 02 October 2009 at 11:25
Archery deer season opened here in Minnesota on Sept. 19th.  It was kind of warm for hunting. I hunted Sept. 25th & 26th with no luck.  We're in a drought right now.  The deer gotta go to the Mississippi river for water.  I'm about 3/4 of a mile from the river as the crow fly's, so it takes the deer a while to get back to my food-plot. I decided to head back to my apartment on the 28th and wait for it to cool off.  Meanwhile it's cooled off a bit, and my dad moved into my blind after I left. He got him a spike on the 30th. One of four deer that came in. Haven't heard what the other three deer were. I'll be back there next Wednesday.  It's rained some and will be in the 40's for highs when I go back.

Bill
Never Retreat...Just Reload.

Admin - www.handloadersbench.com
wildbill69 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 11:28
Went out last night didn't see anything.  Tonight one came out about 150 yards a way.  Came to about 100 yards and stud there starring and snorting at something.  Just a little out of bow range LOL.  Then it turn to my right, put it's tail up and walked off.

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 19:53

Keep after it !

Our general season starts in two week

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2009 at 10:37
Saw a doe & fawn tonight about 200 yards a way.  Nothing wants to come into my food-plot.  Maybe tomorrow afternoon.

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 09:03
Woke up to 2 1/2 inches of snow this morning.  It didn't help the hunting.  Saw the same doe and fawn in the same spot just as I was gettin ready to leave.  The snow should melt tomorrow.  But we got more snow comin for Monday.

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 10:53
My 13 year old nephew came down and wanted to sit in my blind with me.  We didn't see anything.  Snow storm tonight and tomorrow morning.  We'll see how things go for tomorrow afternoon.

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 11:03
Had 4 come in tonight.  First 1 in might have been a spike or a doe without fawns, it was to dark and far away to tell.  Then a doe and single fawn came in.  While I was watching them a big bodied single deer came across the field.  When it got close to the food-plot the doe and fawn scurried off a ways so I figured that one was a buck for sure.  He was working his way towards me.  But I ran out of light before he could get close enough.  I have one more afternoon before I have to go back to my apartment.  I'll be back in a week.

Bill

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 12:42
 Hey don't know if this is legal in your state,but 1 bag of sweet feed,1/4 jug of Cmerdeer and corn, you'll have deer in your lap.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 20:21

Originally posted by Tikkabuck Tikkabuck wrote:

Hey don't know if this is legal in your state,but 1 bag of sweet feed,1/4 jug of Cmerdeer and corn, you'll have deer in your lap.

In Montana we can't bait any thing. If we get caught even with in a 1000 yards from a grain spill we can get a fine and lose our hunting  for 5 years.

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 23:29
Not legal here either.  I thought I heard last year the law makers were considering it.

Bill

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 05:29
Well, I was going to hunt for the next week.  But we've had a lot of rain and now we are getting wet snow.  My van will never get me back to my blind without getting stuck.  I'll be lucky if I can get to it by opening firearm season November 7th.

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 21:51
I've made it to my blind a few times.  The deer just aren't cooperating. I have one more day to hunt before I have to go back to my apartment.  Then it looks like I'll be swapping my crossbow for my 308 for firearm opener Nov 7th.

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildbill69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 09:19
No luck.  Time to get out my 308 and get it ready.  

Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 12:05

Dang, Too bad you didn't have more luck with your bow, but The way I see it. Your season will last longer.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic