The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > BSB Announcements, Suggestions, Site Assistance and Tech Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Selling Guns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Crotchety ol’ Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling Guns
    Posted: 16 July 2009 at 09:58
Ok, will someone please tell me why we can't sell guns on BSB?
Mule
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** The Walnut Whisperer **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 12:29
 Quit yer bitching. I offered to buy the .348. There's a sale right there.
last in line for the nobel peace prize. first in line for pie

Charter Member of the Round Earth Society
Muleskinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 13:05
Sold the 348 year ago.  You're still SOL...permanently.
Mule
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 14:12
 I hope you gave it a proper home. To many city slickers owning such a gun ruins it's karma.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 04:03

Rob,

Just let a Montana guy fondle my 348 yesterday!  Those 71's need to be taken to Alaska every other year or they get melancholy!

Garu also confirmed that the wood you are working on is as beautiful as your posts.

Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 07:46
 Bear, perhaps the only rifle I really lust for is a .348. Not sure what Garu meant . My posts are often to blunt. I generally do better in person. 

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 12:15
So what's the no bullshit answer, why can't we sell guns on BSB?
Mule
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 13:29
 Mule you can sell guns on BSB. That being said I'm sure what you mean to say is why don't people buy guns off BSB listings. The classifieds in general have always been stagnant. Not sure why just what it is.

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 16:12

Mule;

Over the years, I've seen several guns listed.  And, rarely, I've seen one sell from the classifieds here.

In fact, I'll give you five hunnert whole almost worthless 'merican dollars for that there Wilson Combat .45 you got.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 04:13
Rob,  most of the guns I've sen listed on Classified, are WAY overpriced.  Some used guns are listed at more than I can buy new guns locallyLOL.
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 08:43
 True about being over priced. I've thought the same thing on several of them especially altered mausers. My experience on gun site classifieds is if it's not a good deal or something rare it won't sell.

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 19:16
Hell, I thought we were restricted.  I wudda offered my M71 here.  Prolly wudda got a better price.  It sold for more than I paid many year ago, but it took some doing to find an appreciative buyer.  Some guy in Colorado bought it.  Hope it got a good home.
Mule
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 02:10
What are they worth now?  mine is just sitting in the gun room.  But I've been thinking I'll take for a walk in to the Everglades in February for a wild boar.  The 348 is a good pig gun, but is heavy to carry, for an OF.
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 03:44
 OK I get the hint I'll drop the price on the DW.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 10:04
I found mine hard to shoot much after I broke my shoulder in that horse/skiing mishap back in 2003.
Mule
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 10:39
You had a horse that could ski?????
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 11:51

Not quite.  Two separate incidents, but I still feel the pain.  Went skiing in February, promptly fell cracking the ball on my humerous.  That spring, I had ahold of a piece of shat mare by the halter with that arm and she went up unexpectedly, jerking my poor unhealed arm and tearing rotator cuff.  The amazing thing is that I didn't shoot the horse, but I believe she ended up dog food.  Don't tell the wife.

I think I've got Explorer working with the forum.  Foxfire still sucks.  Hopefully it remains stable and you all won't have to do without my insight.  Just for you D4570.

Edited by Muleskinner
Mule
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 18:24

I know the pain.  tore the rotator cuff, lifting a boat off my roof as it got caught in a strong wind.  I had to use every muscle and leverage to keep from smashing the Envoy and the boat.   Over a year of PT and it will never be right.

I'm still on IE6.  Was soon going to go to Foxfire!!!  Every Microsoft change has been a disaster for me.  Maybe I need to go to the library and see what IE7 does first?

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 02:59
Firefox has been working OK for me now for the last few months.........& the rotator cuff business is not good..damaged mine, not torn.....mine is nearly 85%+ since I had hurt it.....damaged but not torn so it was rehabilitation for nearly a year to get it back to where it is now........
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 10:52

Well my heart is good, rest might be failing.  Walked hunting bunnies today, love it.

Made a great shot, even with a cripled right hand and eye.  Didn't know I could still shot that fast.

NOw, this thread has to do with guns for sale.  I need one!!!!  what you got.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic