The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SouthPaws > The Left-Handed Sportsman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

A New Lefty Rimfire!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A New Lefty Rimfire!
    Posted: 10 February 2009 at 16:58

Fella's;

Woo hoo!  Take a look at these.

I'm particularly taken with examples 2, 4, 7, and 10.  In fact, example 10 in .22 mag might just be a serious "next please" on the shopping list.

900F

Edited by CB900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Muznz View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muznz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 12:32
Did browning ever make there A-Bolt Rimfire in LH?
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 13:08

Muznz;

Yes they did.  Not only in .22lr, but also .22 magnum.  They were cataloged in grade one, and the deluxe gold medallion grade too.  The magnum was produced from 1990 thru 1996, the lr from 1985 thru 1996.

900F

Edited by CB900F
OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 04:45
This is good news!  Also, 900 I was  completely unaware that Browning ever had their rimfires in LH models.  Do you have or have you seen one?
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 09:05

OK hunter;

Yes, I actually handled a Browning A-bolt .22 rimfire at Dean's Sporting Goods (now out of business) in Casper Wyoming.  It was right handed though & I passed it up.  The left handed Browning rimfire was then, and now, the T-bolt.

I've asked around my FFL friends & had them go to their wholesaler's looking for one of the new LHB T-bolts.  No wholesaler they queried had any in stock.  The prevailing opinion is that the wholesaler's aren't going to see guns for around 3 months or so.  In other words, they want to judge the amount of interest before ordering from Browning, and of course, Browning wants orders in hand before producing a bunch of them.  Which isn't surprising since I haven't seen the right handed new T-bolts flying off the racks around here.

Given that the price of a lefty is anything like reasonable, I'll almost certainly order one.

900F

OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 10:35

Of course.  I have handled many A-Bolt rimfires but none were left handed.  That's where my misunderstanding was.  I thought the A-Bolt rim fire was a great rifle and had it been offered in LH version I would have owned one. 

I own a LH T-bolt II, the deluxe model with the 24" bbl.  I'll try to post a photo.

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 16:43

Fella's;

I just did a search for: "025185204 in stock".  The number is Browing's nomenclature number for the left hand T-bolt target/varminter in .22 magnum.  There are several on-line sites offering sales of the gun.  Therefore, I'm going to presume that there are wholesaler's with them in stock.

Now to find a wholesaler & place one on order!

900F

OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 14:25

Has anyone received a LH T-Bolt?  I'm trying to locate them but the model I want can't be found.

Second question:  Would you go with .22 Mag or 17 HRM?

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 15:15

OK;

I've told my FFL to place the order, I'll buy the gun when it's available.  I don't expect to see one for months though.  My personal choice was the .22 magnum.  For one thing, I think it will be the least ordered of all the lefty T-bolts.  Therefore, the production run will be short.  I may not shoot the gun, but that's not a real good possibility.  Regardless, though I may or may not make money on it, shot or not, the inheritor almost certainly will.

Now then, what scope?

900F

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 16:49
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 01:22

Tikka;

That'd have me buying at retail.  I really try not to buy at retail.  I know that they're out there, just can't find a wholesaler that my FFL deals with that's stocking them.

900F

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 02:44
  Ok.last night I looks through Jerrys and Zanders both wholesale shops that I have they books for,I'm heading to my buddies shop later today I'll see what else he has as far as wholesale and take a gander.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 02:44
I have placed a LH 22 Mag T-Bolt sporter on order and should have it in January.  Can't wait!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 02:48
wood or syn????
OK hunter View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2010 at 03:13
Its a wood stock.  I'm excited! 
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 02:10

Fella's;

My T-bolt arrived yesterday.  Here's my first impressions:  1. The wood is pretty plain for a Browning, I'm kinda disappointed.  2. The action is neater than a skeeter's peter.  However I also think it'll need to be cycled a lot before the closing smooths out to where it should be.  3.  I knew  going in that the magazines were expensive, but I still don't like it at about $37.00 each.  4.  It has a heavy barrel compared to the CZ, but it isn't a .920" that appears on all the Ruger 10/22's either.  Nor does it need to be IMHO.  5.  The stock's beavertail flat-bottom fore-end is nice without ruining the lines of the stock.  6. I did not know that this slick-barreled gun has scope bases & rings only available from Browning.  At about $85.00 for the set.  RIP-OFF!

The bases & rings were the deal-breaker for me; this gun's gonna be a safe queen for quite some time I think.  I have enough other projects going that need funding that this one's on the back burner with the heat turned way down.  To wit:  The 6.5 project needs bluing, glass & mounts, as well as the attendant costs of simply finishing the gun.  Then there's the fact that I want to put a Zeiss scope on the 6.5 & that pushes the glass budget number up the financial staircase a coupla steps too.

The T-bolt will be available for viewing at MYGAWDS though.

900F 

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 14:28

OK Hunter;

Did your gun ever show up?

900F

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic