The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Chronicle your hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranch Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:08
Here is a nine-point took this week on the ranch in which I live in DeWitt County Texas.

Shot it at 100 yards with a Winchester Timber Scout chambered in 44 Mag using a cast bullet of my design, the TLC432-275-RF.

jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:19
Huntin1, first off, great job!......secondly.....is that a UFO in the picture?....or did Wingmaster lose his hat again?

Edited by jsgbearpaws1 - 09 December 2017 at 07:21
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:21

Nice deer, symmetrical rack.

Congratulations, like the look of the 3/4 magazine.

jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:21
Fine looking specimen!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:58
Originally posted by jsgbearpaws1 jsgbearpaws1 wrote:

Huntin1, first off, great job!......secondly.....is that a UFO in the picture?....or did Wingmaster lose his hat again?

Thanks!

If you mean this picture,

It's a coyote tail. Started out as a bit of hunting camp humor, we shoot anywhere from 5 to 10 coyotes in that pasture every opening weekend of deer season, so we decided to fly their "flag". Then we realized it was a pretty good indicator of wind direction and speed.
"Never corner something meaner than you"
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 21:23
A week after thanksgiving, i killed a 205 pound 10 point in georgia. Never killed a nice one like that, so getting a shoulder mount. It's at the taxidermist in georgia. May drive down in march to pick it up.
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 21:28
Happy New Year Jon.  Got any pictures of that buck.  we love pics.

Must be a story here too.  rifle? shot? adrenelin?
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 00:27
I'd like to see some pictures too KP. 

Congratulations.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 22:48
I have a picture or two, but still mystified in the voodoo to post them.
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic