The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Chronicle your hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chronicle your hunt
    Posted: 10 January 2018 at 22:48
I have a picture or two, but still mystified in the voodoo to post them.
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 00:27
I'd like to see some pictures too KP. 

Congratulations.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 21:28
Happy New Year Jon.  Got any pictures of that buck.  we love pics.

Must be a story here too.  rifle? shot? adrenelin?
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 21:23
A week after thanksgiving, i killed a 205 pound 10 point in georgia. Never killed a nice one like that, so getting a shoulder mount. It's at the taxidermist in georgia. May drive down in march to pick it up.
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:58
Originally posted by jsgbearpaws1 jsgbearpaws1 wrote:

Huntin1, first off, great job!......secondly.....is that a UFO in the picture?....or did Wingmaster lose his hat again?

Thanks!

If you mean this picture,

It's a coyote tail. Started out as a bit of hunting camp humor, we shoot anywhere from 5 to 10 coyotes in that pasture every opening weekend of deer season, so we decided to fly their "flag". Then we realized it was a pretty good indicator of wind direction and speed.
"Never corner something meaner than you"
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:21
Fine looking specimen!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:21

Nice deer, symmetrical rack.

Congratulations, like the look of the 3/4 magazine.

jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:19
Huntin1, first off, great job!......secondly.....is that a UFO in the picture?....or did Wingmaster lose his hat again?

Edited by jsgbearpaws1 - 09 December 2017 at 07:21
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Ranch Dog View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranch Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 07:08
Here is a nine-point took this week on the ranch in which I live in DeWitt County Texas.

Shot it at 100 yards with a Winchester Timber Scout chambered in 44 Mag using a cast bullet of my design, the TLC432-275-RF.

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 23:19
VEry good Huntn1....congrats on a nice deer and hunt
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
MapleHill View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 16:23
That's a dandy!!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 08:43
Nice buck.  Great shot; you really know your rifle.

congratulations
huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 20:41
Thank you, I am in North Dakota.
Ranch Dog View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranch Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 19:12
Very nice whitetail! What state are you hunting?
huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 15:33
After 5 years of not getting a buck tag I finally drew one this year. Our season runs about two weeks and when it started I had decided that I would take any legal buck, that changed when I saw this rather nice 5x5 on opening day. Chased him for 3 days and couldn't get a decent shot at him. Though I could have shot other bucks I decided to wait knowing that I had the last weekend of the season off from work.

Sat. Nov. 25th I was back in the pasture that I hunt well before sunrise, wondering if I would see him, or if someone else had gotten him since I had last been up here. As the sun came up I saw several deer in some brush on a hillside. I checked them out with my spotting scope and as I was looking at a small 3x3 more antlers appeared in the scope, focusing on this deer I was pleased to see it was the same 5x5 I had been chasing on opening weekend. My rangefinder said he was 425 yards. I dialed in the needed elevation and took a standing broadside shot, he went down within 25 yards.

Some will want to know how I can be certain that this was the same deer, you can't see it on the picture below, but between G2 and G3 on both side the antlers are wider that normal. He green scores 153 1/8, not record book, but a very nice looking buck. Needless to say, I am very happy.

Rifle is a Savage 10FP, 308 Vortex Viper HS-T, shooting 178 gr Hornady ELD-X at 2575fps.

Had a friend boil and bleach the head for a European mount, he sent me this pic today saying that it is pretty much done, just needs to dry for a couple of days.

And a few of the area,

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 09:00

Fella's;

This afternoon, muley buck 65 yards, bang, flop.  Nuthin special, filled the tag.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
saddlesore View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddlesore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 06:44

Another cow on the gorund with the.06. Also took two deer last week.

Saddlesore
If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** The Walnut Whisperer **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 08:25
 Great bull. Great photo work too.
last in line for the nobel peace prize. first in line for pie

Charter Member of the Round Earth Society
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 05:05
great memories of a great hunt, SS!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
saddlesore View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saddlesore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 04:16

My 2009 bull.

This bull was taken after applying for 20 years to get  a tag in the area. Gross rough score is 343. Taken with a 30 06 ,, 180 gr Sierra Game Kings over H4831 powder

Edited by saddlesore
Saddlesore
If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic