The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > Recipes, Cooking, Game Processing and Food in General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

about this dr. pepper business.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: about this dr. pepper business.....
    Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:04

mike and others -

i hear of good southern BBQ where they mop or sometimes marinade it with dr. pepper. after mike's post the other day, i decided it must be true!

how's that work - straight dr pepper, or mixed with honey? or something else? i'm going to try some spare ribs soon and i'll see how it tastes....i intend to rub them with durkee's st. louis then bbq them low and slow.

Edited by TasunkaWitko
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 14:27
i don't know about Durkee's St. Louis, but I'm addicted to "Durkee's Famous Sauce".  a very unique flavor since 185 I think.
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 15:33

Tash alot of guys back here,soak their deer ,ducks and geese in straight Dr Pepper,it gets the wild taste out (whitetails are much gamier in my opinion than mulies).

I like to use(marinate) this stuff (white label)and D.P. in about a 2/3's amount of Soy Vay and a 3rd amount of D.P. then before I grill it ,rub is some McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning. Marinate for at least 6 hours,I like overnight.

http://www.soyvay.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=23& ;chapter=0#veri

God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 06:59

mike -

i don't recall seeing any soy vay around ehre, but i'll take a second look and if we get to great falls soon i will see if i can find any there.

i'm thinking a 2/3 soy sauce + 1/3 dr. pepper blend might be good to try. we usually buy the low-salt soy sauce, which lets the other flavors come out pretty well.

i found out on saturday, straight dr. pepper tastes prettty good when used as a mop for rib BBQ!

TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic