The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > Welcome! NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Tell us how you found BSB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 16:35

Land Couch?

Welcome aboard anyway.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Twisted10 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 23:49
A harley.

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 01:41

Here an' I thunked it were a Clod Wing.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 05:13

See my motorcicle post in the roll call section. Land couch,

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 10:47
Wheeled yacht?

Strip the gold-things down and they handle quite well. I've always like them, kinda like an old CB on roids! Just found a pair of them today and tried to talk the guy out of the 500 four he had collecting dust.....he wouldn't budge
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Twisted10 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 09:38
Originally posted by Wing master Wing master wrote:

See my motorcicle post in the roll call section. Land couch,

Wing master

i saw, nice bike you have there. 
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 13:46

Wing;

I was referring to the Honda product with the "Clod Wing" comment. 

900F

Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 15:00

I am told those clod wings have a reverse gear. Is that really a motorcycle?

I guess I shouldn't say much. Mine has a Cd player.

Wing master

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 13:45

Wing;

Yupper, them newer clods do indeed have a reverse gear.

900F

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 15:40
It ain't no real bike unless it has a kick start!
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 16:14

Fella's;

Somebody, besides me, is showing his age. 

Now then, who's hyperextended their knee, and what did it?

I'll fess up first, it was a '75 Triumph Bonneville.

900F

Dirt Guy View Drop Down
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 16:39

I never wanted anything to do with kickstarters after my buddy's 250 Elsinore "kicked back".  It put a gash on my shin bone that nearly took stitches. 

The only thing that ever hurt worse than that was when I tried to start the pony motor on my dad's D7 Cat.  It kicked back and threw me and the hand crank over the top of the hood. 

In my world......
Every day is MONDAY!!!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 04:36

I always look forward to spring.

My son has a Yamaha SRX-6. Kick start only. The first time it gets started each spring is usually pretty comical.

We know it will never work, but we start by kicking it...about q thousand times. When that doesn't work, we roll it out into the street to bump start it.

I live on a slight hill so that helps, kinda. Now, remember we are both tired from kicking it for the last half hour. we start pushing it down the hill. That is not as bad as pushing it back up the hill to try again.

Usually about 3 trips down the hill and it barks to life.

The funny thing is, for the rest of the summer if he rides it once in a while it usually starts up after a kick or two.

Wing master

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 05:42

Most years I rent the top of the line Harley, and my son and i go in a road trip for 3-4 days.  this here bike done got a remote fob, and bells and whistles that I didn't even have on my car.

Keyless and no kick start...not for real men.

My jeep use to have a hand crank and I usually started it just like my old 32 Plymouth.  Learned them hand cranks doing the farm tractors...it was better than beating the mule.

Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 08:13

Yeah some of those Harleys are pretty fancy. What does Adam ride?

I am sure glad someone invented electric starters. I am pretty sure I am not man enough to get the 350 in my old pickup spinning fast enough to fire on one of those 30* below zero Wyoming mornings.

Wing master

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 08:47

He just sold his Honda  classic, great tuned pipes, custom seat and stirrups with moderate ape hanger.  He is a dad now (2 year old) and just found out they are going to have twins.  CB beat me to the double granddad thing.  He wouldn't sell it to me...kept saying Id put my eye out!!Wink

After 1740 ski jumps, in January...he and his wife sold their ultra high tech parachutes; including the auto opening computer that pulls the rip at 600 feet in case you are unconscious (my $2000 present to him 10 year ago).  He hasn't said it but I think the risk with a child got to both he and his wife (wife has about 600 free falls).  Now I got no one to ski dive with and no one to bike with....I might even sell my scuba tanks. 

In October he got a brand new truck, a Toyota of his dreams, after 300,000 with his Mazda (Sophia).  Now with 3 kids, he is wanting to sell it and get a van as the three kid seats just don't seem to fit the back seat of the truck according to the mother of his kids.  grampa said get a van last year!

He is going through...life (changes)  begins at 35 syndrome!!!

And he told me last week that he didn't think he could make MYGAWDS this year....like I didn't know that!  Says for sure he will make it next year...haha...he hasn't quit figured it out yet.  Life changes fast with kids.  but it is too bad our own kids grow up so fast.

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 14:04

Yeah, what he said, s'all true true true.

Wing, take the spark plug out & put the tranny in first.  Wheel it around the block which will get the oil in all the places it need to be when it fires.  Bring it up to TDC & spray one small shot of ether in the cylinder & put the new, clean, plug in.  Find a young, naive, innocent, high school football tackle to kick it through. 

If it fires, reward him with a beer & a blonde & he's yer slave for the next coupla years.  If it doesn't - repeat until it does.  It it launches him, tell him it's cause he's a fuggin' lightweight & yer gonna tell coach he's a wimp!

There's a reason I'm called a dirty ole man.

900F 

Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 14:21

Congradulations on the twins. I had twin daughters. They are three times the fun.

Its funny how responsibility takes the place of fun when kids start showing up. Thats a good thing. The way it is supposed to be.

Thanks for the advice 900f. I will give that a try in a few weeks. I hope. I don't know any football players but their is an overweight dounut stuffing 20 year old kid at work that should have enough weight to spin over a 16V92 Detroit Diesel.

Wing master

Texadan View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texadan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 11:18
I found this Forum bein a member of The Handloaders Bench.
Courage is bein scared to Death, But saddlin up anyway. (John Wayne)
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 12:31
Well welcome Texadan! And thats the first step towards your recovery!

Mine was an old Triumph bonny 750. Torn ligaments and a cracked knee cap cured me of the habit and I won't fire anything thats not electronic ignition.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic