The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > Welcome! NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Tell us how you found BSB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwinflorida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 01:10

Good morning all.

I live in southwest Florida and do some hunting in Georgia and in Virgina.

I belong to the smoking meats forum and found this one posted in a link there so I thought I would check it out.

Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 06:41

wwinflorida,

Welcome to the baitshop.

Ill bet your weather is a little better than here in Wyoming.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
wwinflorida View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwinflorida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 07:50

Weather is pretty good here.  I am actually getting ready to throw 2 chickens on the smoker in the backyard and trying to decide whether or not to make up another batch of summer sausage at the same.

Do you guys have snow on the ground like they do in the midwest right now?

hivolt View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hivolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 08:00

wwinflorida, welcome to the site, I am up by Tallahassee good to see another person from Florida here, enjoy the site.

Rick

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 11:56

Wwinflorida;

Nah, not a flake on the ground.  However, the whipped cream, sugarplum fairies, and sweetie-wolves, are "changes" mandated by the incoming administration. 

They haven't figured out how to spin the below zero temps yet though.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 12:48

WW

A little snow, not too much but it's real cold. Like 13 below zero this morning when I got up. If you need any help with that smoker I will be right down.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 06:33
welcome, ww!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 13:33

welcome WW.

I'm living in Pennsylvania now.  But starting February 1st I'll be spending time in Estero Bay area, fishing my a$$ off.  Right now I'm running beaver traps.  Now snow but spent the day setting traps, was about 20 when I started this morning.  Wind chill is about zero now.  But a great time today.

I smoke salmon and some venison (deer hunting is a Passion).

I plan on hunting pheasants, boar in Florida along with a yak trip into ENP for redfish.  Mostly fish Pine Island sound (about 20 days in February.  Maybe a side trip to Marathon.  So we are NOT ALL Montanans ( or what ever they call themselves).

Welcome.  Hope to see you post.  WE have some folks that smoke (game) and others that just smoke (maybe strange cigarettes?).

Most of the guys are shooters and reloaders, with hunting as a side passion.

BEAR

Edited by BEAR
Montana Maddnes View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA Scooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montana Maddnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 07:24

So we are NOT ALL Montanans ( or what ever they call themselves).

We prefure: Blessed but opinions very! and Montanans works OK too.

MM

Montana Maddness
God Bless The U.S.A.
On the Highways for Jesus!
Jules View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 06:46

Hi everyone.

I got a smoker for christmas, so I've been doing a lot of reading up on it, which led me to your site. So far, I've done trout and pulled pork, and they both turned out great.

It just so happens that I'm a hunter too, so I like the rest of it too. I hunt deer and bear in the central California Sierras. The bear I hunt behind dogs - I have several houndsmen buddies, but I don't run them myself, I just help. Give my younger son enough time to learn to drive and split the work of them and I could end up with a pack. In fact, my husband and I are going bobcat and fox hunting tomorrow.

Not huge into fishing, but my father-in-law is and provides us with plenty of bass and trout. I don't know why everyone knocks bass; it's my favorite lake fish so far. I go once in a while, and if we get an ocean trip together, I'm all over that.

Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 06:57

hey, jules - welcome to the BaitShop ~

i assume you're also registered at www.smokingmeatforums.com? great site for learning how to get the most out of your smoker. we've got some good posts here on that subject in the recipes section as well!

it will be great to hear how they hunt in your area - we don't have anyone from there and it will be nice to hear some stories, see some pix, if any, and learn about your methods.

i also like bass fishing and they taste great, but we sure don't have many largemouths here - we do have some smallmouth fishing and of course the mainstays of central montana fishing, northern pike, walleye, perch, rainbow, brook and brown trout. other species here and there, but those are the ones most fished.

feel free to jump into any topic or start one of your own ~ any questions, just ask!

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
BigAl4604 View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl4604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:13

HOWDY!  Actually I found you guys purely by chance while surfing the net...(sorry, not that exciting) but after looking around a bit and reading the posts as well as replies I thought WOW just like deer camp so here I am.

Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:44

glad to see you here, al!

keep some HIGH boots on while in the BSB roll call and everything else around here is great!

feel free to jump into any discussion or start one of your own...any questions, just ask ~

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
hivolt View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hivolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 13:05

BigAl4064, welcome, good to see you here, what part of the world are you from?

Rick

BigAl4604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl4604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 13:43

Deep East Texas-on the edge of the piney woods.  Grew up on a ranch and my father (greatest man I know) taught me a long time ago about hunting, fishing and shooting as well as how to truly find enjoyment in all that you endeavor.  I hope to pass this on to my twin daughters when they are old enough to understand and appreciate it. As for the rest of it I am jack of all trades and a master of none.  I give as good as I receive and enjoy the hell out of a great debate as well as a well told story.  Look forward to participating in your many forums.

Regards,

BigAl

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 15:46

BigAl;

Glad to see you participating.  Twin daughters huh?   My singleton is pretty sure she needs to rule the world.  I can't imagine your situation.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 15:51

Welcome new folks. Post alot.

God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
Geedubya View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geedubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 12:35

Lets see, how did I find baitshopboyz?  Easy, I just clicked on the link Taz included on his last post on AR.  Thought I would come over and take a look and see if there is any truth to the saying that" the first liar never has a chance".  Anyway, I've enjoyed Taz's posts at AR over the years and thought I'd check out his behavior on his own turf.

GWB

Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 04:26

hey, GW -

good to see you here!

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Montana Maddnes View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA Scooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montana Maddnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 03:38

Welcome to all the new members. Haven't been here to long my self, but can tell you this is the place to be. Lots of good folks here.

MM

Montana Maddness
God Bless The U.S.A.
On the Highways for Jesus!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic