The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SouthPaws > The Left-Handed Sportsman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

southpaw forum added

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: southpaw forum added
    Posted: 22 October 2006 at 06:54

alright, guys - in respose to a couple of requests, we're going to run this one up the flagpole.

the left-handed sportsman now has a category and a forum here at BSB, and we'll see how it goes. i hope that the left-handed sportsmen here at BSB find this useful!

for now, it is given its own category and forum, because the left-handed aspect crosses over to many. over time, i might lump this and a few others into a "special interests category to be filled with the southpaws and any other applicable forums. we'll see how it goes!

Edited by TasunkaWitko
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
deaddog View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
*AKA The Flying Gun*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 04:22

They have the right to vote don't they? What's next? Driving on the left side of the road? Enough is enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

DD

Endeavor to persevere.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 02:57

Too bad NH isn't active any longer......he could live at that forum.  Must have found himself a doe.Wink

BEAR

fordman650 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordman650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 06:02

ok i'll start this out ,i haven't found that being left handed is a disadvantage in shooting even using right handed guns the only problem i run into is with a winchester model 94 30-30 kicks it out at my face,anyone else have a problem with any other gun?

but when you drive on the left side of the road you are steering from the right side of the car

if you can't Dodge it Ram it
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 12:10

fordman,

Welcome to BSB.

Wonder if it would be easy to modify that win 94 ejector to merely kick the shell out and down without a big arc?

Seems all ejectors are to long on throwing the brass (a consideration with us reloaders.  I've 'fixed some of the 870 pump shotguns that I used for trap to merely drop the shell into my hand or at my feet.

Hot ejected shells can be nose reducers.

BEAR

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 13:57

Fordman;

This here's the announcement.  Let's move it into the actual forum, OK?

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** The Walnut Whisperer **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 14:15
 Looks like the leftys are too testy to have their own forum.
last in line for the nobel peace prize. first in line for pie

Charter Member of the Round Earth Society
NH_Hunter View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NH_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 10:50
I AM ALIVE!

Bout damn time for a lefty only forum ifn's youse is axing me!
Leverguns make me smile
Proud Left Handed Shooter
Igbo Foo View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
.14 Flea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igbo Foo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 11:28

NH;

We'uns knowed t'wasn't hardly worth even thinkin' about as to axe yall or not.

Has you been snortin' on the heifer's flank, or you gonna try to make us believe you been workin' hard at school?

900F

Wombat Snorgging: Australia's mystery perversion, Elvis's secret shame.
NH_Hunter View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NH_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 12:59
I did done gradjiated hi skool back in June. I am workin right now until spring when i start part-time.
Leverguns make me smile
Proud Left Handed Shooter
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordman650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 09:45
cb900f sorry if i afended you ,new here and thought that i would stick my 2 cents in guess i was wrong
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 14:50

FordMan -

welcome to the BSB - no worries on the posting; we're a pretty informal group here

make yourself at home and if you have any questions or need anything, just ask -

ron

TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Rob1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** The Walnut Whisperer **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 16:10
 Fordman, post where you like CB900 is a crotchety old fart who can't admit he should have bought a Kawasaki, then he'd actually go for a ride now and then.
last in line for the nobel peace prize. first in line for pie

Charter Member of the Round Earth Society
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordman650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 08:06

THANKS GUYS

i really like this forum lot of good info ,hope everyone has a great day

Larry

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 15:17

Fordman;

No, you didn't offend me, that's fairly hard to do.  I hang out with Rob1 a good bit & have to take his abuse as a steady diet.

All I wanted to do was keep the forum cleaned up a bit.  Make it easier to use & all that.  So, if you want to open the question as to whether or not anybody else has a problem with a gun, etc., please feel free to open a thread on the subject in the forum.  Trying to start a discussion point in the announcement is muddying the waters.

I'm not trying to bash you, sorry if you got that impression.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
big open View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big open Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 10:39

what about we ambi.'s,,,,,oh thats right,,,,,,,we can go where ever we want,,AND FIT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIFE IS HARD.....STUPID MAKES LIFE HARDER.......DON'T DO STUPID!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic